Jackson turned four months old today. He went to the doctor for his four month checkup and here are his stats:
Height: 26" (86th)
Weight: 16.1 lbs (74th)
and I guess those Christensen genes are coming through on this kid because he has a big head: 17.3" (90th). Other than the head size, he is smaller than Hannah was at this age.
He has been such a sweet baby. He always makes me feel happy, even at 2 am. He rarely cries, he didn't even cry when he got his shots! Mostly he just smiles and growls and vibrates his tongue. I don't know why he growls so much, but he thinks it is pretty funny. He is starting to laugh a lot too. He will often stare at someone until they notice and say something to him and then he just grins and grins.
He is constantly biting on everything and drooling a lot too. He is a great eater but not such a great sleeper. He has recently been waking up multiple times in the night wanting to eat. I try to let him fall asleep on his own (not nurse him to sleep) and have tried limiting his sleep during the day too, but he is still up a lot. I'm sure we'll figure it out one of these days.
He has changed a lot in the past two months, as babies do. He can hold his head up much better now. He hates tummy time. He has rolled over a couple of times, usually when I am not looking. He likes to bury his face when he is sleeping; when I put him in his bed he rolls to his side and buries his face into the mattress (or if I am holding him he buries his face into my arm). He has started reaching for and grabbing things and he is pretty good with his hands; he loves hanging toys that he can reach for.
We love him so much, I can't even remember what our lives were like without him and can't imagine life without him!
(See any father-son resemblance in the above picture? I don't!)
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute little man! He is getting so big! I am sorry he isn't sleeping through the night, but at the same time, thank you for saying it. Henry used to sleep a million times better when he was younger, now he wakes up all the time. BLAH! Let me know any secrets you find out :)
ReplyDeleteCorbin has been getting up more too! It drives me crazy! But I can't help but love him for it. For some reason little baby boys just seem to turn me to mush. I don't remember being that way with Aria!! But we'll see if it gets any better!
ReplyDelete