Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Warning: The following post contains potty language and may not be appropriate to share, but we thought it was too funny not to write it down for posterity.

Tonight at dinner Hannah looked admiringly at Jack in his scrubs and said, "Daddy, when I grow up I am going to be a doctor.  And I am going to have pokies (whiskers) and a mustache."

Long pause.

"And a penis."

Jack and I tried not to laugh.  She does know the correct terms for male and female body parts since she began questioning us about them after Jackson was born.  But we don't want her to think use of such terms is funny...but man, it really is pretty funny.

All I could say was, "I hope not Hannah.  I hope not."  And Jack just grinned.

Gotta love that girl!~

3 comments:

  1. That is way too funny. She is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is hillarious. After Jack was born Caroline kept inquiring about where he came from and she also already knew the correct terms for her body parts so I went a head and let her know where the baby came out of and she was like ok and then later that week proceeds to tell the missionaries while over for dinner where babies come out of....so embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! After my older siblings had embarrassing situations with their kids yelling out the correct anatomy in public we decided to just use "private parts" to explain our special areas. It's worked so far and we haven't had any embarrassing outbursts, thank goodness! But now that Vivi and Van are both in public school I'm sure they'll hear the actual words at some point!

    ReplyDelete