Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Crappy Week

We had a crappy week, here's why:

1) The kids and I had terrible colds
2) Then in addition to those colds we three all got the stomach flu
3) Jack managed to stay healthy (so far), but probably because he has not been home at all.  He was on call 3 times (on call = 35 hour shifts with no sleep) this week and hasn't had a day off in over a week! 
4) We are starting to go stir crazy in the apartment. 
5) We have watched Peter Pan at least 20 times

The week ended on a positive note though.  On Sunday our stake was invited to a special conference at the Assembly Hall with Elder Ballard.  Jack had to work, but my sweet friend Staci (whose husband was also on call) sat with me and helped me with the kids.  I don't think that either of us heard much of what was said!  In my head I was wondering why I bothered to come at all with my two cranky kids and without my husband, but I realized that the feeling I got from just being there made it worthwhile.  I am looking forward to next week, I know it will be much better than this one!  Plus, Jack gets Thanksgiving off (we think).

No comments:

Post a Comment