Monday, March 19, 2012

Jackson is 2!

What can I say about Jackson?  I have written so much about the naughty things he does and the messes he makes.  But the truth is he is just full of sweetness.  I always tell Jack it is so hard for me to get mad at this little guy when he is being naughty because I know he doesn't do any of it on purpose.  He always just has a big innocent grin on his face.  He loves to explore and figure out how things work.

We think he is so smart.  He has a wonderful memory and is great at imitating too.  He knows most of his colors and can recognize many letters!  When Hannah is learning something, he is right there learning it along with her.  He is great at learning the lyrics to songs.  His favorite songs to sing are the "ABC's", the theme song from "Super Why," and "Silent Night."  He loves music and always asks me to turn up the radio louder in the car and sings along to the chorus of many songs.

He ADORES his sister.  I would say he loves her with the purest kind of love.  He thinks of her first always.  He constantly points out to me things that Hannah might like at the store.  If he sees anything pink or purple he says, "Hannah's color!"  When he finds her things around the house he brings them to her.  He is great at sharing with her and wouldn't want to have anything unless she could have one too.  He could play with her all day long and they just have a blast together.  I can tell he misses her when she goes to school or a friend's house.  I am pretty sure that he loves her more than he loves me.

He is not the most social guy.  He isn't too interested in playing with friends yet (though he does like a few of Hannah's friends).  He gets very protective of his things if a kid his age or younger comes over.  He likes to boss kids who are younger than him around (mostly he yells "NO NO" to little babies).  He gets nervous in big groups and hangs onto me.

His nursery leaders always comment on how crafty he is, and they are right.  He loves to color and do projects.  Most little boys I know don't like to color for very long, but Jackson can do it forever. One of his favorite things is to play with play dough.

He also loves playing with cars, trains and balls and anything that requires him to figure it out (i.e. building a train track or putting together duplo blocks).  His attention span for TV is still short, but he loves watching Super Why on PBS.  He also says he loves anything Hannah loves, such as princesses and Strawberry Shortcake.

He could play outside and go on the swings all day.  He loves stroller rides too.  He likes to dig in the mud and play with sticks and splash in puddles.

He is a great talker and has a funny little high voice that we love to imitate.

He is a terrible eater and eats next to nothing.  His favorite foods are waffles and Popsicles.

He can't live without his pillow pet.  He must sleep with it every night and drags it around the house with him in the day (even thought it is as big as he is).
One year old
Newborn
There is so much to say about this sweet little two-year-old, I could go on all day.  This morning Hannah said, "I wish he was a baby again so I could hold him!  Why does he have to grow up?"  I agree with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment