Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Jane 6 months

Jane is 6 months old!  I still think of her as a newborn, but she most certainly is not anymore.  She can sit up on her own very well and can roll around too.  She is finally figuring out the sleeping thing and usually takes two solid naps (sometimes 3) and goes to bed at 6:30 pm.  She wakes up to eat at 11:00 pm and 5:30 am and goes back to bed until 7:30 am.  Not too bad!  If she doesn't nap she cries a lot, but otherwise she is very happy.

She is eating a little solid food.  Just rice cereal and sweet potatoes so far.  She gets very excited for each bite but then makes a face once its actually in her mouth and spits most of it out.

She weighs 16 lbs 11 oz and is 26" long.  Her head is 17".

Jane loves to go outside.  If it is warm enough (aka above 40 degrees) I walk the kids to school in the double stroller and Jane rides in the front pack.  She doesn't make a peep the entire time, just looks around with wide eyes.  She loves to go to the park and sit in her stroller or swing in the swings.

She eats up any attention she gets.  She smiles at anyone who talks to her.  She laughs at the kids' antics and whines if she is being ignored.  She loves peek-a-boo and when we sing silly songs to her.  She enjoys being part of the family: sitting up to the dinner table and reading stories before bed.  She cries when I leave the room and reaches for me when she sees me come back in the room.  I am definitely her favorite!  She adores her dad and siblings though too.

6 months is such a great age.  We love our sweet baby Jane!











Jackson said, "I like my new haircut because it looks like Jane's!"  Yep, she is still a baldy.


Hannah is such a helper with Jane.  Jane was whining while I was trying to make dinner, so Hannah cuddled her to sleep!  I was impressed.

1 comment: