We have loved having Luke in our family! He is a calm, sweet baby and adored by all. He has had jaundice for his entire first month of life! The doctor put him on bili lights. They are nice because they come in a blanket that we wrap around him so we can still hold him. He also has not been gaining weight. At his one month appointment he weighed less than his birth weight! The doctor told me to supplement with formula. I have nursed all of my babies exclusively and giving him a bottle of formula really stressed me out. I avoided doing it, but Jack finally insisted so we gave it a try. He gulped up an ounce of formula in a couple of short minutes. I started nursing him every two hours and then would offer him a bottle once he was done. He took a bottle every time! I went back to the doctor after a couple of days of this and he finally had gained weight and his jaundice numbers started going down! I was able to stop the formula and he continued to gain weight and the jaundice went away completely.


 |
| Jackson was so excited to come home from school and build a tent for his brother |
 |
| I think he likes this |
No comments:
Post a Comment