Friday, January 21, 2011

Three


I knew what to expect from two before it even arrived.  But three?  I have often wondered what three would bring after the "terrible two's" were over.  Here is what three is to me (so far).

Three is...
Finally being able to understand reason, but not always liking it
Being able to communicate your needs instead of just throwing nonsensical tantrums
Elaborate imaginative games, to which Mommy and Brother are sometimes invited and sometimes are definitely not welcome
Making up your own words to songs
Choosing your own outfits based on comfort and "beautifulness"
Mimicking not only phrases but the tones in which they are said ("Oh   My   Gosh!," or "That is SOOOO cute!")
Being sneaky
Stalling for bedtime
Saying the best prayers ever ("Thank you for Disneyland.")
Looking for patterns and similarities
Enjoying longer, more complicated books
Happily completing chores, enjoying feeling helpful
Always asking, "why?"
A new attitude ("Hey mom! I'm talking to you!")
"I can do it myself!"
Looking out for little brother and letting me know his needs too, making sure that no one hurts him
A greater understanding of the consequences of your choices
Lots of negotiating ("If I wear long sleeves can I take my coat off in the car?")
Lots of demanding
Loving reverse rolls
Being able to predict what we say before we say it ("oh Hannah, Hannah.")
Fancy Nancy books
Being silly

I'm sure I'll be adding more to this list!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we need to get our girls together more. I laughed at so many of those things because I heard them each so many times today. She is so cute. Also, I am so jealous of your little Disneyland getaway. So fun and thank heavens there are some great attendings out there to make our days like that. See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete