Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I hate winter.

We are going a little stir crazy here. It seems like the kids have been continuously sick since November.  Illness has banned us from preschool, play-dates and church and has kept us inside our tiny apartment for way too long.

Jack, being the germ-nazi that he is has tried to teach Hannah not to touch Jackson when she is sick.  His warnings to, "keep your hands away from his face," have backfired.  Now whenever she realizes that she is sick she wants to know exactly where she can and cannot touch her brother.
"Can I pet his head?"
"Can I pinch his cheeks?"
"Can I wipe my boogers on his shirt?" (yes, she really asked me this)
"Can I hold his hands?"
"Can I touch his toes?"
Funny how she isn't really into touching him when she is healthy.

And Jackson has begun to do things that Hannah has never thought of doing.  Like opening the toilet lid and swishing his hand around in the water.  Or opening all my dresser drawers and emptying them and then attempting to climb in them.  Or purposefully dropping, knocking over or breaking things so that he can happily yell out, "Uh oh!"  Or wrapping cords around his neck:
This is how much he hates winter too.

2 comments:

  1. This bitter cold inversion infested state is getting on my nerves too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you, I'M DONE with the cold and being stuck inside! Your kids are adorable, Hannah is great for a laugh, what a fun big sister!

    ReplyDelete