Sunday, May 26, 2013

Jane at 8 months

We are in the middle of packing up for our big cross country move.  The house is chaotic, I am so busy, and Jane decided to start crawling for real today and pull to standing too (she's been rolling and scooting around for awhile now).  There are endless things for her to potentially choke on or that can topple on her.  My new number one priority is to keep her safe!
I know this is blurry, but I love the way it shows her hair.  Her hair always looks like this!

I feel like I've been so busy lately that her babyhood is passing me by and I want to take a minute to write down what she is like now.   And shame on  me, most of the pictures I have on her are from my phone and aren't the best quality! She is an adorable baby in every way.  She has perfect olive skin, bright blue eyes, long lashes and blonde hair that sticks straight up no matter what.  She gets compliments on her looks everywhere we go.

She loves attention and smiles at everyone she sees.  If they talk to her she gets shy and buries her face into me, but then peeks out to see if they want to talk to her some more.  She is a great sleeper, she takes two naps and almost always sleeps through the night until 5 am, then she usually comes in bed with me and goes back to sleep until 7 or so.


She babbles loudly all the time and the kids always tell her to be quiet, especially in the car.  She says "hi" and waves to greet us.  She is happy the majority of the time and it is easy to make her laugh.

She loves to eat anything and everything, especially foods she can feed herself.  She always seems to have an appetite.  She is also covered with delicious fat rolls.

She loves swimming and bathing, she is so content (and quiet!) whenever we go outside.  She loves the swing at the park and riding in the stroller.  She recognizes her name and when asked can look for Hannah, Jackson and Daddy too.  She loves then but prefers Mommy most of all.  She cries when I sit at the computer because she doesn't want to be ignored.

Her favorite toys are keys and shoes and cell phones.  She is a cuddler and gives wonderful hugs.  She is tough and doesn't complain when Jackson is rough with her.  She brightens our lives every day.  Stop growing up baby Jane!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how cute the pic of her is where she's sitting on the floor at church! She is a special little girl, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete